About Sault Ste. Marie: A welcoming and vibrant community of 73,000, Sault Ste. Marie provides an affordable, active lifestyle in the heart of the Great Lakes. What you will find here is a great career and even greater quality of life that offers short commute times and quick access to world class cultural and natural amenities. For more information, visit welcometossm.com.
PUC Services Inc. (PUC) operates multiple utilities within and around the City of Sault Ste. Marie, including the supply, treatment and distribution of municipal drinking water, the supply of electricity, and the operation of wastewater treatment facilities.
PUC offers a dynamic, challenging and rewarding work environment that encourages collaboration and innovative thinking. We are seeking a new member to join our Information Security department. The ideal candidate will be an excellent communicator, a problem solver and critical thinker with an innate desire to learn and grow.
Reporting to the Manager, Information Security, the Information Security Specialist will implement, maintain, and monitor a variety of IT/OT network-based enterprise solutions. The primary responsibilities of this position include:
• Support in maintaining the Information Security strategy across all IT/OT, network, and data assets
• Maintain security safeguards and technologies in place for updates and configuration changes
• Conduct vulnerability assessments and ensure mitigating controls are in place
• Provide 2nd and 3rd tier security support. CSIRT member for any investigations and ensure action is taken to mitigate any security risks
• Provide support for Microsoft cloud services and LDAP functionalities
• Continuous improvement of processes and polices within the organization as well as researching and applying the latest industry standard security technologies
• Ensure compliance with NIST Cyber Security Framework controls and other regulatory obligations
• Understand government legislation regarding the utility industry regulations and Privacy Acts
• Monitor Security Alerts and Configurations for IT and OT Environments
• Documentation and revisions of any Cyber security processes and procedures
• Provide consultation for all lines of business with support on topics related to Information Security
• Continuously promote security awareness to all employees throughout the organization
• Minimum post-secondary degree in Information Technology realm
• Security certification(s) such as CISSP, CISM, CEH, CRISC and/or other certifications is an asset
• Minimum of 5 years of progressive information security technology work experience
• Experience in Vulnerability Assessments and Penetration Testing
• Experience with risk/vulnerability management mitigation controls
• Proficient in Microsoft cloud services and LDAP administration
• Experience with PowerShell scripting and other programming languages
• Proficient knowledge in both Information Technology and Operational Technology device security.
• Knowledge in Computer Security Incident Response Processes
• Experience in disaster recovery technologies and methodologies
• Knowledge in latest Security architecture and Security technologies
• Proficient in Cloud technologies, Firewalls, IPS, Endpoint Security protection
• Excellent interpersonal, organizational, communication (both oral and written), analytical and time management skills
• Excellent documentation and architectural design diagrams skills
• Be effective at managing multiple projects/tasks of varying complexities, meeting deadlines, and working well under pressure, along with proven analytical and creative problem-solving abilities
PUC Services is an equal opportunity employer.
Resumes stating qualifications and experience will be accepted via email to [email protected] by May 31, 2022, quoting the job title noted above.