KiTEC is looking for a Systematic Reviewer/Information Specialist with a keen interest in evidence-based medicine for the production of high-quality systematic reviews and HTA reports. KiTEC conducts independent evaluations of medical devices, digital and AI health technologies for NICE and the NHS and helps start-ups and SMEs to develop and provide evidentiary support for their value proposition.
The post will contribute to KiTEC’s work, ensuring that evidence and information is sourced and synthesised to high quality and according to best practice guidelines. Conducting systematic reviews and literature searches, critically appraising evidence for sources of bias, and applying this evidence to inform the value of a technology for patients and the NHS will be key elements of the role. Excellent written communication skills are paramount. This is an opportunity to have a role in influencing the adoption of healthcare innovation at an international level.
This post will be offered on a fixed-term contract for 2 years
This is a full-time post.
- To manage the delivery of HEOR & market access projects and undertake business development and client relationship activities in support of these.
- Develop and run search strategies for systematic reviews on innovative medical technologies, digital health and artificial intelligence technologies in a variety of medical databases and other resources using international best practice guidelines.
- Perform all other functions of a systematic review, including study selection, database management, data extraction and quality assessment.
- Assist in the interpretation and synthesis of the evidence.
- Coach and mentor junior team members
- Work with project leadership to define project scope and develop approach
- Lead project task execution by ensuring progress, organizing project related findings and coordinating allocated project team.
- Synthesize findings, develop recommendations and communicate results to clients (for example NICE and NHSx and other researchers at KCL) and the KiTEC team
- Provide independent project management and strategic advice to clients in order to provide effective solutions to their market access and HEOR business needs
- Contribute to the delivery of multiple projects to a high standard and in line with KiTEC SOPs
- Continually strive to extend our relationships and work streams within companies with whom we are working
- Contribute significantly to the attainment of yearly revenue/profit targets as defined within KPIs for KiTEC
- Independently develop proposals for new business from scratch; Coordinate and contribute to the collation and submission of RFIs (Requests for Information)
- Identify business opportunities with new clients and contribute to the overall profitability, success and positive image of KiTEC Services
- Lead on and contribute to Thought Leadership initiatives to support the business
- Contribute and lead initiatives to support company strategic direction
The above list of responsibilities may not be exhaustive, and the post holder will be required to undertake such tasks and responsibilities as may reasonably be expected within the scope and grading of the post.
Skills, knowledge, and experience
1. An undergraduate degree in a science or health related field
2. A postgraduate qualification or professional qualification in library and information science, systematic reviewing or similar
3. Knowledge of information resources in an academic, health or clinical setting
4. Knowledge of using internet-based information technology
5. Skills in literature searching relating to public health, social care, evidence-based health care, clinical and cost-effectiveness
6. Excellent written communication skills – ability to write coherently, and in good English, about a range of health technology related topics
7. Experienced in systematic reviewing with excellent quantitative and qualitative skills
8. Experience in developing and conducting complex, multi-level literature searches
9. Experience of writing and editing reports and publications
10. Ability to work independently
11. Demonstrates an ability to foster collaborative team-working between different professionals across institutions
12. Flexible and positive attitude to work and supportive of colleagues
1. Experienced in using systematic review and literature review software
2. Experienced in Meta-analysis statistical methods
3. Editing the work of others
4. Experienced in GRADE methodology
Interviews are scheduled to be held week commencing 28th February
King’s College have introduced hybrid working alongside our existing flexible working policies to support our Professional Services staff to work more flexibly wherever we can. This is a Hybrid role where a mix of on-campus/office and remote working is possible.
This post is subject to Disclosure and Barring Service clearance.